Skip to main content

Teach Stephen King How to Write Horror

I recently updated the book description for my "The 100 Calorie Diet Plan" on Amazon HERE and then did a bit of tweeting about it as soon as the Amazon approval process was complete and it went live with the edits in place.

Within minutes of one of my tweets I got this excellent example of a Bot run amok.


I thought it was hilarious that I would get an offer like that. Obviously any rational being would see in my profiles that I've lost 60 pounds and kept it off for 4 years now through hard cardio, weight training, and diet, including the exact same diet as in the book.



Statements tweeted from the book description on Amazon:
  • Imagine a food portion control system so easy a 5th grader can do the math and weigh out the portions.
  • Imagine yourself achieving your fat loss goals in 12 short weeks using that plan.
  • Imagine a food portion plan that doesn't require that you eliminate any of your favorite foods.
  • Imagine no more, because this is that plan.


So I posted on Facebook and Twitter:
Sweet!
I:
write diet book.
tweet diet book.
get diet plan offers.
Anyone ever sell a "how to write horror" manual to King?

The first comment of course was directed toward the 'Bot.

The second comment was in regards to no one teaching King to write horror. I quickly amended my statement to "How to make money writing horror" at which he is without peer.

I have some cool non-Bot stories that I'll share in an article on "Sponsorship" but as far as 'Bot stories go, this is one of the best because of the FB tie-in. If you sell or write or produce a product, and someone offers you the same product in response to your ads or articles or social posts, they really aren't reading your profiles.

Either that or your profile is so terribly vague they have no idea what you do. Like some of the cool GenX GenY or Millennials that read some misleading geeky thing about how to get a zillion followers on Twitter:

"facilitationatoress of starplasm empathy. cat-lover. yogi. snarf."

I can only read that as a female who works as first level customer service at a cell phone shop, eats cats, and watches HB/RB cartoons. But that's a topic for another day...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The 10 Biggest #Workout Mistakes

The 10 Biggest Workout Mistakes: Are one of these mistakes slowing your progress? by Dr. Len Lopez My rating: 3 of 5 stars So/So. Average. 3. yep. If you took a handful of bullet points, wrapped them in repetitive catch-phrases, and added in some links to your other projects, you'd have this book. Would it be at all helpful to anyone? Yes, if you are needing to do actual aerobic exercise and need to be smacked in the face with it over and over and over until it works finally - this might be the book that does that. If you're trying to get in shape or achieve some specific level of fitness, then no. View all my reviews

Eternal Redemption - Review [#horror #fantasy]

Eternal Redemption by Paul A. Wunderlich My rating: 2 of 5 stars Rating this: under the little star at position 2nd from the left, there is a little balloon that pops up "It was OK" That's about it. In general, the tone and language seem like a fervent attempt to imitate high fantasy. There are a series of editing errors that cause some confusion. It's tough to write a protagonist who drifts in and out of their own head. Time slips around in circles. An entire world of minions is disposable. When you're sitting at the top of an Everest sized pile of skulls, what's the next big challenge? Oh, yeah, trick the master trickster. Well, you get exactly what you ask for. With a little syrup on the side. View all my reviews

Review: How to Outline a Nonfiction Book: [#writing]

How to Outline a Nonfiction Book: How to Write an Outline That Will Make Writing Your Nonfiction Book a Breeze by Dean R. Giles My rating: 3 of 5 stars If you've never written a book of any sort. If you've never written a non-fiction book. If you're totally clueless. If you need to copy/paste your way to completing a non-fiction book. There might be something here for you. I have a dozen non-fiction books already published. I have had a couple on best-seller lists. That being said just to explain my possibly unique position, not to brag, I got not much out of this. You on the other hand might find the perfect tool to use to achieve your perfect non-fiction book. It's totally worth an hour to check it out and discover for yourself. View all my reviews