Skip to main content

5 Keys to Self-Publishing Success

5 Keys to Self-Publishing Success:

  1. Use the right software for the job
  2. Use as little formatting as possible in your first draft
  3. Use grammar and spelling checks frequently
  4. Shoot for 2000 words per day
  5. Convert after all edits have been completed

NEW PROGRAM!

Check out my "How to Write a Book Guaranteed 10 Week Program" the most intense hands-on training you can get for less than $25/week! It has an amazing list of what you get when you enroll.

Remember, if you want the best, most intense training available, you can sign up right now, 10 weeks of hands-on training that I guarantee will give you the success you deserve. At the end of the 10 weeks you'll have completed a 20,000 to 40,000 word manuscript worthy of acceptance at Amazon Kindle and B&N Nook or I'll run you through the entire 10 weeks again at my own expense.
That's only $247 for the whole 10 weeks of mentoring. You can't beat that.

You have nothing to lose and everything to gain!

[program no longer available - register for the newsletter for upcoming projects]

The “How to Write a Book Guaranteed 10 Week Program” Includes:

  • Weekly Strategy Overview
  • Daily Goals
  • Weekly Accountability Sessions
  • Monthly Checkup Sessions
Need more info? CLICK HERE NOW

Self-Publishing Success Eluding You?

Most people have a story to tell, a book that they've been wanting to write, maybe since they were in high school or before. Every one I've talked to has no idea where to begin, what to do, how to get a book published. It's amazing too because Amazon and B&N and Google Play are all great places to get your books published today. Online publishing has changed the world for those who would like to write a book.
Self-Publishing Success-a stack of books shipping out to eager customers
Self-Publishing Success-a stack of books shipping out to eager customers
But they don't make it easy. Read the reviews from so many of the self-published authors on Amazon and a common theme is the amateurish formatting. But none of these publishers make it easy to figure out how to solve that problem. They don't tell you up front, realistically, how to achieve self-publishing success. Online publishing is fraught with "gotcha's" and loopholes to jump through.
I discovered that in my first ebook on Amazon. It took me weeks to get it formatted correctly before it was finally approved and listed for sale. But just recently I got two books formatted, approved and listed for sale in both Kindle and paperback editions.
I can't promise you that same level of success, but if you want to write a book, I can save you weeks of reading vague help files and message board posts. I can help you learn all the tips and tricks I learned from two years of publishing success.
But some people need a little more hands-on training, right?

5 Keys to Self-Publishing Success Bullet Points:

  1. Use the right software for the job
  2. Use as little formatting as possible in your first draft
  3. Use grammar and spelling checks frequently
  4. Shoot for 2000 words per day
  5. Convert after all edits have been completed
This one's not about marketing, but about how to write a high quality product that could get you noticed, unlike all those other $.99 books with the 1-star reviews because of glaringly obvious manuscript errors that Amazon should have rejected outright.

I have plenty of exciting content coming up for prospective authors to achieve self-publishing success, so be sure to register now for the newsletter (upper right column) for some email-exclusive offers.


Popular posts from this blog

Mountaineering Fitness Training Program

Like Hiking with a Backpack Full of Helium! [originally posted 05-29-2014] Update: New Program Now Live Annual Membership http://hikercize.com If you've been following my mountaineering fitness blogs, I've already given you hundreds of tips. I've produced training videos. I've shared my own training, my own adventures, even some of my secrets to my own success. I've shared articles from other trainers and authorities that I respect greatly. If you haven't been following my articles, here are the two links to those: Seven Summits Body on BloggerSeven Summits Body Website Last Chance For Paperback! Clearance On First Edition Paperbacks Limited Stock On Hand.
New Webcasts: Stair Climbing for Mountaineering Fitness [CLICK HERE]Shoes, Boots, Socks for Hiking, Mountaineering [CLICK HERE]Food, Water, Emergency Gear in the Day Hiking Backpack [CLICK HERE] I began the Mountaineering Fitness manual after getting hundreds of questions on my Facebook Pages. Questions about t…

Sweet Infected Inspirations

My character Emma, the protagonist, started out as one person and became another. It shows in the book as she evolves and transforms in so many ways from the opening butt-kicking scene to the final fight of the book. Then we get to see even more in the teaser for book 2.

I started out writing about her without really knowing her, and little clues and hints about her personality and appearance came to me as I slowly grew to know her bit by bit. I became her in spirit, since it's a first-person narrative. Every time I sat down to write I had to get into character to be sure to have the consistency necessary for a smooth plot flow.

I've mentioned a few times now that Anime was a major influence on my characters and their relationships. Every now and then I find an image on G+ that represents some small facet of Emma's character.

My reviewers think I did an excellent job. I hope you will too.




Her voice trailed off as she carefully reached out and touched the edge of my hair whe…

Review: Children of Atlas [science fiction]

Children of Atlas by Dustin Porta
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

To me it seemed very convoluted and disjointed. I started skimming ahead looking for something to like. The protagonist seemed likable enough to start, but soon the empathy failed and there turned out to be multiple protagonist lines and eventually I started hoping everyone would just die. Sorry about that.

I know several people out there like this kind of story, but I'm not one of them. Written well enough, just no characters to latch onto and get the feels for [for me anyway].

View all my reviews