Skip to main content

Review: The Better Smoothies Book [smoothies recipes]

THE BETTER SMOOTHIES BOOK : For Health and Weight Loss and Diet: Healthly Blender Smoothie Mixes For Good Healthy Shakes. Be a Health Drink Smoothie Pro!THE BETTER SMOOTHIES BOOK : For Health and Weight Loss and Diet: Healthly Blender Smoothie Mixes For Good Healthy Shakes. Be a Health Drink Smoothie Pro! by Sally Primrose
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

5 stars for a recipe book? Sure enough. It's concise, clear, easy to understand and the choices of smoothie are pretty yummy looking. I've been making my own smoothies for quite some time, and I loved especially the ones with a shot of protein powder. Those are my favorites for sure. I won't review the tastes of the smoothies, since that's all personal preference, but I think the author did a great job here in presenting them.

View all my reviews

Popular posts from this blog

Mountaineering Fitness Training Program

Like Hiking with a Backpack Full of Helium! [originally posted 05-29-2014] Update: New Program Now Live Annual Membership http://hikercize.com If you've been following my mountaineering fitness blogs, I've already given you hundreds of tips. I've produced training videos. I've shared my own training, my own adventures, even some of my secrets to my own success. I've shared articles from other trainers and authorities that I respect greatly. If you haven't been following my articles, here are the two links to those: Seven Summits Body on BloggerSeven Summits Body Website Last Chance For Paperback! Clearance On First Edition Paperbacks Limited Stock On Hand.
New Webcasts: Stair Climbing for Mountaineering Fitness [CLICK HERE]Shoes, Boots, Socks for Hiking, Mountaineering [CLICK HERE]Food, Water, Emergency Gear in the Day Hiking Backpack [CLICK HERE] I began the Mountaineering Fitness manual after getting hundreds of questions on my Facebook Pages. Questions about t…

Review: Fallen Angel: Dawn of Reckoning

Fallen Angel: Dawn of Reckoning by J.L. Myers
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I read it as a stand-alone. It's really easy to identify with the protagonist, but everyone else is cookie-cutter low-dimensional. Be that as it may, the story kept me reading and it felt too short.

At the end there are a couple samples from the books this is supposedly an intro for (this is #0) but they seemed to have no direct connection aside from "book zero shows the creation of this paranormal group as a way-out-there backstory for those who might need it" and they didn't attracdt my interest at all.

View all my reviews

Review: Children of Atlas [science fiction]

Children of Atlas by Dustin Porta
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

To me it seemed very convoluted and disjointed. I started skimming ahead looking for something to like. The protagonist seemed likable enough to start, but soon the empathy failed and there turned out to be multiple protagonist lines and eventually I started hoping everyone would just die. Sorry about that.

I know several people out there like this kind of story, but I'm not one of them. Written well enough, just no characters to latch onto and get the feels for [for me anyway].

View all my reviews