Skip to main content

Under A Twisted Moon - Book Review

2.0 out of 5 stars Out of the frying pan into the fire and nothing happensDecember 24, 2015
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Under A Twisted Moon (Kindle Edition)
Argh. I hate to review a book I could not finish, but here goes. I hope it's helpful for those of you who are on the edge after reading other reviews. The abuse that the protagonist lives under is horrible. I couldn't tolerate the descriptions. Then after she becomes a thing of the night, you think it would change? No. She gets into another abusive relationship under a cult leader. That may be an unpopular descxription, but if you think of it objectively, it's what happened. I just couldn't finish this book when it dragged on and on and nothing got any better and there was no ray of sunshine. I haven't read any of the author's other books, so I can't review other than this book. Sorry.

Why not 1 star? Aside from the narrow character mindset, and the never ending torment and guilt, the book was formatted better than other books I've given 1 star to.

View on Amazon HERE

Oh, gosh. No way. Her husband abuses her mentally, physically, sexually, and she ends up discovering she's a were-creature, joins a pack led by a cult leader who re-brainwashes her, and jumps her bones like he owns her. And then she ends up being abused again by her hubster. What can only be worse about this? Hubby belongs to an elite squad of paramilitary were-hunters and has some odd religious ideas about jumping said spousal bones. I don't know. Maybe I got it all wrong. Is it worth the risk? Do you actually enjoy all of the above? I didn't.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The 10 Biggest #Workout Mistakes

The 10 Biggest Workout Mistakes: Are one of these mistakes slowing your progress? by Dr. Len Lopez My rating: 3 of 5 stars So/So. Average. 3. yep. If you took a handful of bullet points, wrapped them in repetitive catch-phrases, and added in some links to your other projects, you'd have this book. Would it be at all helpful to anyone? Yes, if you are needing to do actual aerobic exercise and need to be smacked in the face with it over and over and over until it works finally - this might be the book that does that. If you're trying to get in shape or achieve some specific level of fitness, then no. View all my reviews

Eternal Redemption - Review [#horror #fantasy]

Eternal Redemption by Paul A. Wunderlich My rating: 2 of 5 stars Rating this: under the little star at position 2nd from the left, there is a little balloon that pops up "It was OK" That's about it. In general, the tone and language seem like a fervent attempt to imitate high fantasy. There are a series of editing errors that cause some confusion. It's tough to write a protagonist who drifts in and out of their own head. Time slips around in circles. An entire world of minions is disposable. When you're sitting at the top of an Everest sized pile of skulls, what's the next big challenge? Oh, yeah, trick the master trickster. Well, you get exactly what you ask for. With a little syrup on the side. View all my reviews

Review: How to Outline a Nonfiction Book: [#writing]

How to Outline a Nonfiction Book: How to Write an Outline That Will Make Writing Your Nonfiction Book a Breeze by Dean R. Giles My rating: 3 of 5 stars If you've never written a book of any sort. If you've never written a non-fiction book. If you're totally clueless. If you need to copy/paste your way to completing a non-fiction book. There might be something here for you. I have a dozen non-fiction books already published. I have had a couple on best-seller lists. That being said just to explain my possibly unique position, not to brag, I got not much out of this. You on the other hand might find the perfect tool to use to achieve your perfect non-fiction book. It's totally worth an hour to check it out and discover for yourself. View all my reviews