Skip to main content

Pale Queen Rising - Book Review

5.0 out of 5 stars Should have more stars.November 1, 2015
Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Pale Queen Rising (Pale Queen Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
I'm not sure why this book isn't rated higher by so many of the other reviewers. I have been a fan of urban fantasy off and on for a while, and this fit right in there with the best. The story moves forward persistently; there are plenty of plot twists; there is plenty of room for more in the series.

Perhaps fans of pure fantasy might not appreciate it so much. I enjoyed it and recommend it highly.

View on Amazon HERE



Seriously, why is this book being dissed? I loved it. It really got me thinking and reading. I even read it off the train (most of my reading right now is on my train ride commuting to work). A trained human assassin working for a fae, doing the dirty work that only a human can do in a battle of magic. Hints of a secret past. Hints of secret powers. Hints of alternate factions. Wowsers. I need to get book 2. I know if you can get into the "gritty" view of urban fantasy, vs. the fluffy overdone British drawing room drama of traditional fantasy, you will have a great time.

$5.99 if you don't have Kindle Unlimited. Worth it, even though it's a bit short for that price, if you like Urban Fantasy.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Review: The 10 Biggest #Workout Mistakes

The 10 Biggest Workout Mistakes: Are one of these mistakes slowing your progress? by Dr. Len Lopez My rating: 3 of 5 stars So/So. Average. 3. yep. If you took a handful of bullet points, wrapped them in repetitive catch-phrases, and added in some links to your other projects, you'd have this book. Would it be at all helpful to anyone? Yes, if you are needing to do actual aerobic exercise and need to be smacked in the face with it over and over and over until it works finally - this might be the book that does that. If you're trying to get in shape or achieve some specific level of fitness, then no. View all my reviews

Eternal Redemption - Review [#horror #fantasy]

Eternal Redemption by Paul A. Wunderlich My rating: 2 of 5 stars Rating this: under the little star at position 2nd from the left, there is a little balloon that pops up "It was OK" That's about it. In general, the tone and language seem like a fervent attempt to imitate high fantasy. There are a series of editing errors that cause some confusion. It's tough to write a protagonist who drifts in and out of their own head. Time slips around in circles. An entire world of minions is disposable. When you're sitting at the top of an Everest sized pile of skulls, what's the next big challenge? Oh, yeah, trick the master trickster. Well, you get exactly what you ask for. With a little syrup on the side. View all my reviews

Review: How to Outline a Nonfiction Book: [#writing]

How to Outline a Nonfiction Book: How to Write an Outline That Will Make Writing Your Nonfiction Book a Breeze by Dean R. Giles My rating: 3 of 5 stars If you've never written a book of any sort. If you've never written a non-fiction book. If you're totally clueless. If you need to copy/paste your way to completing a non-fiction book. There might be something here for you. I have a dozen non-fiction books already published. I have had a couple on best-seller lists. That being said just to explain my possibly unique position, not to brag, I got not much out of this. You on the other hand might find the perfect tool to use to achieve your perfect non-fiction book. It's totally worth an hour to check it out and discover for yourself. View all my reviews